Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wedding Chronicals - Our Wonderful Amature Engagement Shoot

Last weekend, I got to visit Sean for the last time until April. Afterwards, we said goodbye for 52 days - roughly. This is assuming the Navy transfers him immediately to the Pacific. So we saved up to make this trip something really special.
I flew in on Thursday, Feb 17th, and stayed until Tuesday, Feb 22nd. He got some free time due to President's Day Holiday.

Most of the visit, we spent on base at the Navy Lodge or the Navy Gateway lodge. Not especially romantic, but great rates - and I won't turn down any chance to be together. Being with Sean seems to make the most ordinary things special.


However, on Friday and Saturday we changed scenery a bit. We spent it at on the beautiful Amelia Island in Florida.


It was only a few minutes from his base. I'd correspondanded with the innkeeper of a B&B and she worked within our budget to set us on with an amazing a romance package. It included a beautiful room, a horsedrawn carriage for the evening, and dinner at a local cafe. (And, of course, her amazing breakfasts for 2 days!)

It was a wonderful experience. Sean and I have never stayed at a B&B before, but after this experience, we'll be looking for a hospitable B&B in the future.

The innkeeper grabbed our camera and really went the extra mile for us for this engagement/wedding/save-the-date shoot. She let us enjoy the carriage ride to ourselves, but met us at the peir so we could enjoy the sunset and shoot a few photos. What I love about our photos is that they aren't posed. They are just "us" being us. Since Theresa was so welcoming, it was easy to feel like we were in the presence of a good friend. There was lots of laughter and a touch of romance. 


He makes me laugh.

I'm working on a montage of photos from that trip, but here is a little teaser of me with the man I love.









When I get tearful about how baddly I miss Sean, I look at this one and remind myself that, compared to happily ever after, a few months apart is just a drop in the bucket....


Happily Ever After 



No comments:

Post a Comment