Sunday, January 1, 2012

Vows, Ceremonies, and More

I haven't updated this blog in so long! It's about time. Actually, it's OVERDUE! I was hoping to post photos of Sean's homecoming, but we're not sure when that is currently, and I've been assured that cameras are certainly not allowed. So there won't be any pictures of coming fresh from the can...er... sub. ;) But I'll be sure to let you all know when he's home safe.

But in other news - we've asked a very dear friend of mine, Jonathon Rossal, to officiate our ceremony. He's been a friend of mine for several years, and life has seen us play important roles in major turning points in each other's lives. It seemed only right that he be involved, and, since I met him through theater, I trust his public speaking skills. Though we're both very busy and don't often chat, he very quickly became like a brother to me. I sang at HIS wedding last year - and did he pick a winner! His wife is a woman who's drive to better the world and make a difference matches his own, and who's beauty inside and out will continue to enhance his life. Seriously, a perfect match, and I can't wait to get to know them better as a couple.
The Newly Wed Rossals, June 2011, Yosemite California

It takes a good friend to be willing to stand up and do this for us, so I want to make sure he's as well prepared as he can be. So here comes the fun part (well, at least for Sean and I), building our ceremony. While Sean is away, I've been doing research on different types of family wedding ceremonies and celebrations of lifetime love and commitment. I'm excited to see what we come up with, as there are so many ideas out there. We're not quite a conventional couple (nothing about a military life is conventional - every day is a new adaptation), so this shouldn't be a conventional ceremony. We've written our vows, so we have some place to start, but we're looking at doing something like a wine box tradition, a hand ceremony, or something else all together that blends it all together.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what we come up with. Which tradition will touch us and be a part of our lives and memories forever? 

That's the fun part!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment